12 roma tomatoes
1 large sweet onion1 large green pepper
1 small orange or green pepper
1 small-medium yellow or white pepper
3 small jalapeno peppers
1/4c white vinegar
2-3T minced garlic
2T lime juice
1/4c light brown sugar
1t black pepper
1. Dice/chop/puree veggies how ever you like. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
3. Keeps for about 1 week and/or freezes great!
3c dry pinto beans, rinse to clean
water, veggie broth, chicken broth (you choose!)
1/2 medium onion, don’t chop…just peal outside layer/skin
2T minced garlic or 4 garlic cloves. If using garlic cloves, remove skin and add whole.
cilantro, dry or fresh
black beans instead of or in addition to pinto
1. Add beans to slow cooker. Add enough water/broth to fill the slow cooker 3/4 of the way full. Add onion and garlic (as well as any other additional items).
2. Cook on low until beans are soft, about 8-10 hours OR about 6hrs on high…stir occasionally during cooking process. You may have to add more water/broth as beans absorb liquid, so check on them periodically.
3. Strain beans or pour off juice; saving the juice in a separate bowl.
4. Use a hand blender/pureer to mash the beans. Add additional juice as needed for the consistency you want. You’ll want to leave them slightly runny because they will thicken as they cool off.