2T extra virgin olive oil
1 medium sweet onion, chopped & sauteed
4c vegetable stock
2-3T minced garlic
2 15oz cans of tomatoes, drained
– I use 1 can of petite diced and 1 can of fire roasted. Then puree the fire roasted.
2 15oz cans of mixed veggies
– low sodium. I prefer carrots, celery, potatoes, green beans, corn, lima beans…you pick.
1 15oz can great northern beans, drained
1 15oz can garbonzo beans, drained
2 15oz cans of kidney beans, drained
– I prefer one each of light and dark red.
1T dried parsley
1-1/2t dried oregano
1t sea salt (or to taste)
1/2t ground black pepper
1/2t dried basil
1/4t dried thyme
8oz chopped frozen spinach
1. Add EVOO to medium pan. Sautee onion till it’s translucent.
2. Add everything to your crockpot.
3. Cook on high for 3-4hrs or on low for 6-8hrs.
– If cooking on your stovetop, bring to a boil and then drop the temp to simmer for 40 minutes.
– DO NOT SUBSTITUTE CHICKEN BROTH….it’s not the same.
Served with french or corn bread and parmesan.