1c quinoa (any color. pictured is red)
2c liquid (water or broth…if broth, add an extra 1/4c)
1t roasted garlic powder
– new fun item in my kitchen.
1t dried cilantro
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2c peppers (any color)
1/2c yellow onion
1t garlic powder
1/2 to 1c gf bread crumbs
1. In a medium sauce pan add quinoa, liquid, garlic powder, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil, then simmer for 15-20min…till liquid is gone. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. In a saute pan add EVOO, peppers, and onion. Saute till onions are translucent, about 10 min.
3. Mash black beans till there is just partial chunks. Not smooth, but not whole beans. You need something to hold it all together. Add sauteed mix, garlic powder, eggs, and 3 cups of the cooked quinoa. Add 1/2c bread crumbs. Mix. This should easily be made into a patty with out being overly sticky. If you need more bread crumbs, add and remix.
4. On a skillet, add a bit more EVOO. Place patties on medium pre-heated surface and grill for 5-7 min on each side, or until crispy.
Bun, bagel, toasted bread, or naked…top with your favorite toppings.
Optional items: carrots, corn, fresh garlic, different type of bean, different spices (basil & oregano or a Thai blend?)
1lb Jenny-O Lean Ground Turkey
1/4c Parmesan cheese, grated
2t garlic powder
1t onion powder
1. Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate. There really isn’t a time limit to this. I’ll do this in the morning for dinner, or 30 min before they go on the grill.
2. After making into four patties (something I don’t do…raw meat, ICK ICK ICK!!!), grill over medium heat for approx seven minutes on each side.
Arnolds Bakery Whole Wheat Slimwhich
Baby Swiss Cheese
Sauteed baby portabella mushrooms in garlic and butter
Avocado. Chopped and light sprinkled w/garlic and onion powder
1T mayo…yes, the REAL stuff
PASTA SALAD- found HERE.
bbq chicken with broccoli slaw and blue cheese crumbles...YUM!!!
3-4 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
12oz bbq sauce (our fave is Sweet Baby Ray’s honey)
1/2c Italian salad dressing (MY fave is Marzetti’s roasted garlic Italian vinaigrette)
1/4c brown sugar
2T Worcestershire sauce
1T minced garlic (optional)
1/2c baby carrots (optional)
1. Place frozen chicken in a slow cooker/crockpot (and carrots if you’re hiding veggies). In a bowl, mix the bbq sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Pour over chicken.
2. Cover, and cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
3. Shred chicken with a couple forks, and mix the chicken in the sauce.
Serve on a whole wheat hamburger bun.
Items to incorporate…sharp cheddar cheese and garlic mashed potatoes. Or with out the bun over garlic mashed potatoes topped with cheddar for the GF folks!
TIP: If you’d like to hide veggies in this, carrots are PERFECT. Just add carrots to your crockpot with the chicken and mash/mix in when you shred the chicken!