1c creamy peanut butter
2/3c brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs*
3/4c GF rolled oats
1/2t baking soda
1/2c chocolate chips, dairy-free if needed
1/2c unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2c dried cranberries
1/2c slivered or chopped almond
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I have also used glass casserole dishes in a pinch and they worked great.
2. In small bowl mix together the oats and baking soda; set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips, coconut, cranberries, and almonds.
4. Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. BARELY flatten the top of the cookie with your hand.
5. Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes and remove when edges barely begin to turn a golden brown. The cookies may look a little underdone, but they will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Sprinkle each cookie with flakey sea salt (optional). Makes 16-20 cookies.
* This can be made without eggs. If making vegan do not use an egg alternative.