Started HERE with the Simple Veganista. Came up with this…
1 1/2c raw cashews
water – enough to soak or boil
1/2-1c coconut milk
1T lemon juice
1T nutritional yeast
3/4t garlic powder
1/4t onion powder
salt – to taste
1. Soak cashews for 2-3hrs. Add enough water to cover them by a couple inches. They will pump. OR boil them, which I tend to do because I forget to soak. This only takes about 15 minutes. Strain out all the water.
2. In a food processor add cashews, 1/2c coconut milk, and remaining ingredients. Blend.
3. Scrape down sides, add more milk, blend. Repeat till you get your desired consistency.
How this lasagna was put together:
1. Follow box instructions.
2. Add 1 egg to ricotta cheese above + whatever seasonings you like and even some frozen chopped spinach.
3. Use Daiya mozzarella cheese…sparingly.
2T extra virgin olive oil
1 medium sweet onion, chopped & sauteed
4c vegetable stock
2-3T minced garlic
2 15oz cans of tomatoes, drained
– I use 1 can of petite diced and 1 can of fire roasted. Then puree the fire roasted.
2 15oz cans of mixed veggies
– low sodium. I prefer carrots, celery, potatoes, green beans, corn, lima beans…you pick.
1 15oz can great northern beans, drained
1 15oz can garbonzo beans, drained
2 15oz cans of kidney beans, drained
– I prefer one each of light and dark red.
1T dried parsley
1-1/2t dried oregano
1t sea salt (or to taste)
1/2t ground black pepper
1/2t dried basil
1/4t dried thyme
8oz chopped frozen spinach
1. Add EVOO to medium pan. Sautee onion till it’s translucent.
2. Add everything to your crockpot.
3. Cook on high for 3-4hrs or on low for 6-8hrs.
– If cooking on your stovetop, bring to a boil and then drop the temp to simmer for 40 minutes.
– DO NOT SUBSTITUTE CHICKEN BROTH….it’s not the same.
1c Unrefined/RAW Shea Butter
1 to 1-1/2c Almond Oil, Grape Seed Oil, or Coconut Oil
1/3c 100% Aloe Gel
10-15 capsules VitaminE (optional)
20-30 drops Argan Oil (optional)
15-20 drops Lavender, Citronella, and/or Tea Tree Oil (optional)
1. In double boiler, on low, melt/liquify your shea butter. Once melted, add coconut oil (any other oil can be added later). Mix till everything is liquified. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from heat.
2. Place bowl containing the melted shea butter in the refrigerator for 1 hour. It needs to set-up.
3. Add aloe, vitamin E, and any oils. Mix with hand mixer for appox 5-10 minutes. It will become light and fluffy. Store in your favorite/accessible container.
– I have yet to find a pump that will work so I go for a jar that is the same size, or larger, at it’s opening than at the bottom.
DISCLAIMER: I started making my own cream when I could not find a local available gluten and fragrance-free cream that worked for my dry/eczema covered skin. Winter I will use 1c shea butter to 1c almond oil. Summer I’ll use 1-1/2c almond to 1c shea ratio due to seasonal dryness. I am not medically trained in any way. Started researching ideas and went to basics. It’s been over a year now and my skin is much healthier than it’s ever been. Other than the Shea Butter (Amazon – link in ingredients), all ingredients are purchased at my local health food store.