2 medium or 1 large sweet yellow onion, cut into strips or diced
4-6 servings of white or brown rice (make to package directions)
1 or 2 packages Aidelle’s Caramelized Onion GF Chicken Meatballs
– crush them with your hands IN the package
– depends on how much meat you want, I prefer one
8-16oz frozen chopped spinach (optional)
1-2T minced garlic or 1t garlic powder (optional)
1. In large sautee pan on med/low add EVOO, onions, salt and cook down. This will take 30-40 minutes. To keep them from burning set to low if needed.
-You can not have too many onions and you want them to be nice and brown/caramelized. Add more EVOO if needed.
– If adding minced garlic or garlic powder, add in the last 10 minutes.
2. Add meatballs and spinach (it has no flavor, but makes it so much better for you). Stir to coat everything. Cover and simmer for 5 min.
3. Add precooked rice. Stir well to coat, even adding more EVOO to keep it from being super dry, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
– I will make a double batch and freeze 1/2 for a future dinner.
– Aidelle’s meatballs can be hard to find. Only place locally is Family Fare.