2 medium or 1 large sweet yellow onion, cut into strips or diced
4-6 servings of white or brown rice (make to package directions)
1 or 2 packages Aidelle’s Caramelized Onion GF Chicken Meatballs
– crush them with your hands IN the package
– depends on how much meat you want, I prefer one
8-16oz frozen chopped spinach (optional)
1-2T minced garlic or 1t garlic powder (optional)
1. In large sautee pan on med/low add EVOO, onions, salt and cook down. This will take 30-40 minutes. To keep them from burning set to low if needed.
-You can not have too many onions and you want them to be nice and brown/caramelized. Add more EVOO if needed.
– If adding minced garlic or garlic powder, add in the last 10 minutes.
2. Add meatballs and spinach (it has no flavor, but makes it so much better for you). Stir to coat everything. Cover and simmer for 5 min.
3. Add precooked rice. Stir well to coat, even adding more EVOO to keep it from being super dry, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
– I will make a double batch and freeze 1/2 for a future dinner.
– Aidelle’s meatballs can be hard to find. Only place locally is Family Fare.
2T extra virgin olive oil
1 medium sweet onion, chopped & sauteed
4c vegetable stock
2-3T minced garlic
2 15oz cans of tomatoes, drained
– I use 1 can of petite diced and 1 can of fire roasted. Then puree the fire roasted.
2 15oz cans of mixed veggies
– low sodium. I prefer carrots, celery, potatoes, green beans, corn, lima beans…you pick.
1 15oz can great northern beans, drained
1 15oz can garbonzo beans, drained
2 15oz cans of kidney beans, drained
– I prefer one each of light and dark red.
1T dried parsley
1-1/2t dried oregano
1t sea salt (or to taste)
1/2t ground black pepper
1/2t dried basil
1/4t dried thyme
8oz chopped frozen spinach
1. Add EVOO to medium pan. Sautee onion till it’s translucent.
2. Add everything to your crockpot.
3. Cook on high for 3-4hrs or on low for 6-8hrs.
– If cooking on your stovetop, bring to a boil and then drop the temp to simmer for 40 minutes.
– DO NOT SUBSTITUTE CHICKEN BROTH….it’s not the same.
1T extra-virgin olive oil
1lb lean ground beef or turkey
1lb spicy turkey sausage
2t kosher or fine sea salt
1t freshly ground black pepper
1t garlic powder
2 (15oz) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (32oz) can tomato sauce
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
1c fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 medium onion, chopped
1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1T chili powder
1½t ground cumin
Optional, for topping:
Shredded cheddar cheese
Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
Heat the olive oil over medium-high in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add the beef and cook, breaking up with a utensil, until browned. Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to combine. Transfer the cooked meat to a (6-quart or larger) slow cooker. Add the remaining chili ingredients and stir gently to combine.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with desired toppings.