1c quinoa (any color. pictured is red)
2c liquid (water or broth…if broth, add an extra 1/4c)
1t roasted garlic powder
– new fun item in my kitchen.
1t dried cilantro
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2c peppers (any color)
1/2c yellow onion
1t garlic powder
1/2 to 1c gf bread crumbs
1. In a medium sauce pan add quinoa, liquid, garlic powder, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil, then simmer for 15-20min…till liquid is gone. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. In a saute pan add EVOO, peppers, and onion. Saute till onions are translucent, about 10 min.
3. Mash black beans till there is just partial chunks. Not smooth, but not whole beans. You need something to hold it all together. Add sauteed mix, garlic powder, eggs, and 3 cups of the cooked quinoa. Add 1/2c bread crumbs. Mix. This should easily be made into a patty with out being overly sticky. If you need more bread crumbs, add and remix.
4. On a skillet, add a bit more EVOO. Place patties on medium pre-heated surface and grill for 5-7 min on each side, or until crispy.
Bun, bagel, toasted bread, or naked…top with your favorite toppings.
Optional items: carrots, corn, fresh garlic, different type of bean, different spices (basil & oregano or a Thai blend?)