I have been tossing around recipes for months, attempting to create a gluten-free version of one of our loved staples. This mornings creation was fun2 approved and they begged for seconds. SUCCESS!!!! My only change is to the amount of sugar. If you like it sweet, add an additional 1/4-1/2c of sugar to the recipe below. I’m cutting the sugar in half. The bananas make it sweet enough for me. You can also add chocolate chips, walnuts, or other item. Enjoy!
1c gluten free all purpose flour
1/2c gluten free old fashion oats (grind down to oat flour or use oat flour)
2t gluten free baking powder
3-4 ripe bananas (3 if large, 4 if small/medium)
1/2 cup coconut oil OR melted butter
2t vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bread pan or 7×9 baking pan with coconut oil.
2. Mix in either a stand mixer or use hand mixer…. bananas till smooth, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
3. In medium boat whisk together flour, oats, and baking powder. OPTIONAL: gently fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, or other item.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER MIX! Whisk flour into banana mixture till moist. If you over-mix the bread will be spongy.
5. Pour into pan. Cook for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. The pan I used required 50 min.
PS. You can omit the oat flour for an additional 1/2c of all purpose flour.