This is another favorite of mine as a kid…if you haven’t noticed yet, I like comfort foods. I’m certain it had part to do with the person that made it when I was in elementary school. Not having a recipe, searching cookbooks, online, making modifications…I think I’ve recreated what I so warmly remember.
1lb sirloin steak, cut into strips (I purchase it cut up)
1/8c all purpose flour (or rice flour for GF)
4T unsalted butter, divided
1 large yellow onions, chopped
5-6oz beef broth
1T minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 large pkg fresh sliced mushrooms
1T Worcestershire sauce
1c sour cream
wide, extra wide egg noodles (GF use rice noodles!)
1. Start your noodles per package instructions.
2. Dredge your steak in flour.
3. In a skillet, melt 1T butter over medium heat; saute onions until tender. Removed from pan; set aside.
4. In a skillet, melt 1T butter over medium heat; saute mushrooms until tender. Removed from pan; set aside.
5. Melt remaining 2T butter over medium heat and brown meat on all sides. Add broth, garlic, salt, pepper, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, and onions. Cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
5. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL. Serve immediately over noodles.