I’m certain I’m going to say this MULTIPLE times here… I.DO.NOT.BAKE. But that darn Pinterest has made me want to try things! I may have an addiction issue. If only there was no Gold Diggers, Horders, Jersey Shore, football, Swap People, Storage Wars, random critter-catcher shows, or Pawn Stars. Not that I watch ANY of them by choice…but snuggling up with my hubby at the end of a long day, a couple nights a week while the dvr shows him what he’s missed (GOOD GRIEF)…I have Pinterest to rescue me. Okay, so I’m now going to blame my husband for my addiction. Thanks honey!
HERE is the recipe I found. She adapted it, so I figured I would too by what I had in my fridge and pantry. Below is what I concocted that turned out marvelous!
2 c. uncooked oats (quick-cooking or old fashioned work)
1/2c packed brown sugar
3/4-1c craisins or other dried fruit
3-4 bananas, overly ripe
1t baking powder
3/4c Greek vanilla yogurt
3/4c skim milk
1/2c unsweetened applesauce
2T butter, melted
1 large egg beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray muffin tin or line with paper liners and set aside.
2. Add to one medium size bowl…egg and banana. Using your mixer, mix till banana is smooth. Then add your applesauce, butter, yogurt, and milk. Mix well.
3. In that same bowl add your oats, brown sugar, and baking powder. Mix on low till everything is moist.
4. Add craisins, or other dried fruit. Mix.
5. Using a 1/3c measuring cup/scoop, add mixture to the muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing, using an offset spatula to loosen. Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. Heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
DISCLAIMER: I DO.NOT.BAKE. It’s all about the taste. Faux Martha‘s definitely look better!